2017 MAY OPEN SHOW*CRITIQUES*
Judge Vicky Eaton - Ricatori
Best In show - Prideofbully Rembrant
Res Best In Show - Sandars The Notorious
Best Puppy In show - Prideofbully Rembrant
Best Dog - Prideofbully Rembrant
Res Best Dog - Sandars The Notorious
Best Puppy Dog - Prideofbully Rembrant
Best Bitch - Weebullz Shy Tot
Res Best Bitch - Carasmel Heart of Soul At Jacobella
Best Puppy Bitch - Bokabulls Olympic Gold
MPD - 5,2abs
1. Sandars The Notorious ...
2. Ruakuri On The Road Again At Jacobella
3. Tichspnde I'm Ajay for Tyneamite
PD - 4,0abs
1. Nobozz Raging Bull Pamazande
2. Bokabulls Max Warrior
3. Tinkabulls Mr Brightside
4. Floki Truth
JD - 5, 2abs
1. Prideofbully Rembrant
2. King of the North East at stanandie
3. Blondellos Barry Allen
ND - 2,0abs
1. Wencar Red Chance at Jacobella
2. Floki Truth
PGD - 2,0abs
1. Danckomac Gold Dust
2. Adventurous Alan at Glentran Ruby
LD - 2,1abs
1. Taybull Pyjamarama
OD - 2,1abs
1. Homestay Lord Montagu
1. Izzy Heirs Apparent
1. Fitzcha Ella Mae ...
2. Taybull Sea Breezes
PB - 2, 0abs
1. Bokabulls Olympic Gold
2. Fitzcha Ella Mae
JB - 5,0abs
1. Weebullz Shy Tot
2. Ballandgrapes Empire
3. Souterbull She's the Santander
4. Blondellos Marie D'Acanto
5. Kentixen in your dreams
NB - 7,4abs
1. Tinkabulls Stole the show
2. Blondellos Magical Oropo
3. Kentixen in your dreams
PGB - 5,1abs
1. Andlare Moonshine
2. Wembholt make it happen at zygarsea
3. Attractive Anna At Fizcha
4. Goldbourne with one look at mascolbull
LB - 3,2abs
1. Taybull Siren
OB - 3,1abs
1. Carasmel Heart of Soul At Jacobella
2. Ch Carasmel Henryetta at Sandars
Thank you to the Bulldog Club of Scotland for inviting me to judge their Open Show on the 14th May. I enjoyed my day thoroughly and special thanks to my Steward, the committee and all the exhibitors who entered and took my decisions in a gracious manner.
Class 1/Minor Puppy Dog – (5/2)
1. Mrs S. Watson, Sandars The Notorious. 7mth old R/W. A super puppy that caught my eye straight away. Beautiful head with fine wrinkle. Flat skull with lovely rosed ears set correctly. Clear, dark & round eyes and a big nose with open nostrils. Pleasing jaw, true & wide with a tight fit. Super bone which is straight, leading to tight feet. Square front & tacked on shoulders. Good spring of rib and lovely topline, leading to a good low set tail. He is short & cobby in body and very well balanced overall with good rear angulation. A happy & curious baby on the move but was sound from every angle. I look forward to watching him from ringside in the future. RBD & RBIS 2. Mr & Mrs J. Livingstone, Ruakuri On The Road Again At Jacobella. 9mths old R/W. Another quality puppy with lots to like. Lovely head & ear set, flat skull with lovely dark, round and clear eyes set well apart. Good width of foreface and turn of underjaw. Square front and slightly longer in leg to no. 1. Tight feet, good reach of neck and compact body with lovely spring of rib. Beautiful topline & tailset and strong, angulated hind quarters. Moved well. Very close but just preferred overall balance at this time on no. 1.
Class 2/Puppy Dog – (4/4)
1. M A & P M Keegan, Nobozz Raging Bull At Pamazande. 9mths old B/W. Flashy male in very good condition and nice head. Great length of skull, very clean with fine wrinkle. Lovely layback with nice turn of underjaw & width of foreface. Round, dark clear eyes, thin rosed ears & true jaw. Wide nostrils & sour expression. Plenty of bone, straight with square front & tight feet. Well ribbed, pear shaped body with a correct topline & good tail set. Moved well.
2. A. Nord & N. Pratt, Bokabulls Max Warrior. 9mths old R/W. Slightly heavier set than no. 1. Another quality male with strong head & lots to like. Good length & depth to skull, rosed ears & dark eyes. Full nose roll and healthy large black nose. True jaw, good reach of neck & square front with tacked on shoulders. Well off for bone and tight feet. Super rib and gentle rise of topline over the loins leading to a good & well set tail. Well angulated rear with strong, short hocks. A little longer in loin but overall well balanced and moved well.
Class 3/Junior Dog – (5/2)
1. Mr S. Bragger & Mrs M L. Hill, Prideofbully Rembrandt. 11mths old R/W. Beautiful male who stood out the moment he entered the ring. Beautiful square head & expression. Flat skull, well placed rosed ears & fine wrinkle. Lovely dark, clear & round eyes, open nostrils and great width of foreface. True, wide jaw, plenty of bone which is straight and gives a square front with tacked on shoulders. Tight feet, let down brisket & lovely spring of rib. Good reach of neck, pear shaped body and correct topline leading to good tail, set low. Well angulated & strong hind quarters. He moved effortlessly and was presented in immaculate condition. I think he enjoyed himself and I was very happy to award him BD, BP & BIS. 2. Mrs V. Makarova & Mr M. Middler, King Of The North Boy At Stanandie. 14mths old R/W. Smaller male to no.1, flashy with lots to like. Good head, flat skull & nice layback. Lovely clear, dark & round eyes and good width of foreface. Ears slightly high. Good amount of bone with a square front & tight feet. Compact body, nice topline and rear angulation. Moved well.
Class 4/Novice Dog – (2/2)
1. Mr & Mrs J. Livingstone, Wencar Red Chance At Jacobella. 16mths old R/W. Quality standard male, well balanced with flat & good length of skull. Well set rosed ears, lovely dark, clear & round eyes and well defined stop. Fine wrinkle & good width of foreface. True, wide jaw. Square front, good bone & tight feet. Lovely reach of neck, tacked on shoulders and correct topline & tailset. Moved well. 2. T. Burke & R. Gaynor, Floki Truth. 10mths old R/W. Lighter set than no.1. Good head properties, fine wrinkle, flat skull & rosed ears. Clear, dark eyes and split noseroll with open nostrils. True jaw, straight bone to tight feet. Good reach of neck & correct tuck up. A little unbalanced on the move today.
Class 5/Post Graduate Dog – (2/2)
1. Miss S. Macdonald, Danckomac Gold Dust. 2 yrs old R/W. A tidy male, standard in size with a lovely expression. Beautiful head, fine in wrinkle, good length & width of skull with lovely layback. Clear, dark expressive eyes, good turn of underjaw. Ears rosed and correctly set with open nostrils. Square front, enough bone, tacked on shoulders & lovely reach of neck. Healthy tail & moved well. Would of liked to see him carry a little more weight. 2. Winter & McGimpsey, Adventurous Alan At Glenarn Ruby. (no age in catalogue) F/W. A male with plenty of substance and heavier in wrinkle to no.1. Strong head with flat & wide skull. Pleasing layback, dark eyes & split nose roll with open nostrils. Good width of foreface & wide jaw. Good bone, square front & tidy feet. Tacked on shoulders, pear shaped body & lovely topline & healthy tail. Well angulated hind quarters and moved well.
Class 6/Limit Dog – (2/1)
1. Mr T. & Mrs L. McCash, Taybull Pyjamarama. 4yrs old R/W. A lovely quality and flashy male with lots to like. Lovely expression and good head properties. Good length of skull & rosed ears set wide apart. Beautiful clear dark & rounded eyes, open nostrils and beautiful pigmentation of his wide foreface. True jaw, lovely square front with strong bone & tight feet. Let down forechest and tacked on shoulders. Great reach of neck, lovely topline & tailset and correct rear angulation. Moved well. Pushed hard for RBD.
Class 7/Open Dog – (2/1)
1. Mrs M R. Williams, Homestay Lord Montegu. 3yrs old R/W. Heavy set male with plenty of substance. Strong & square head, flat skull with well placed thin, rosed ears. Dark, clear & round eyes and wide jaw. Black nose with open nostrils, well off for bone with a square front & tacked on shoulders. Super rib & peared shaped body. Good reach of neck and topline. Moved ok.
Class 8/ Veteran (1/1)
Mrs S. Watson, Izzy Heirs Apparent. Almost 9yrs old R/W female. A lovely balanced and feminine veteran. Nice head, no exaggeration. Fine wrinkle with a good width of foreface and underjaw. Beautiful Clear & dark rounded eyes, rosed ears set correctly and a lovely nose with open nostrils. Lovely forechest set nicely between a square front. Straight bone to tight feet. Tacked on shoulders, lovely curvy body shape and a gentle rise in topline over the loins. Well angulated rear & moved well. Certainly held her own in the final line up. BV
Class 9/ Minor Puppy Bitch (2/2)
1. W & F. Peace, Fitzcha Ella Mae. 6mths old R/W. Lovely feminine baby with a beautiful expression. Good length of skull & foreface with a lovely layback. Rosed ears, beautiful clear & dark rounded eyes and wide nostrils. Well boned, square front and tight feet. Good reach of neck, tacked on shoulders and balanced throughout her body with a lovely topline & tailset. Good rear angulation & moved well maintaining her topline. 2. Mr T. & Mrs L. McCash, Taybull Sea Breezes. Almost 7mths old R.W. Another young baby with lots to like. Strong head with fine wrinkle. Ears just need to settle. Beautiful clear & dark rounded eyes, lovely big black nose with wide open nostrils. Good depth to foreface & true jaw. Well boned & straight forelegs, creating a perfect square front and tight feet. Good rib & topline and correct rear angulation. A little reluctant to move today.
Class 10/Puppy Bitch – (2/2)
1. A. Nord & N. Pratt, Bokabulls Olympic Gold. 9mths old W/R. A quality puppy with sour expression. Lovely head piece, flat skull with fine wrinkle. Full nose roll set back and a good width of underjaw. Rosed ears, clear & dark rounded eyes and open nostrils. Lovely well boned forelegs, square front and tight feet. Good rib & compact body. Correct topline & good rear angulation. Moved well. BPB 2. W. & F. Peace, Fitzcha Ella Mae.
Class 11/ Junior Bitch – (5/5)
1. S. Peebles & P. Kirkwood, Weebullz Shy Tot. 17mths old R/W. A lovely balanced female who caught my eye straight away. Beautiful head with a wide and flat skull. Great width & depth to foreface and true, wide jaw. Rosed ears, clear & dark rounded eyes and open nostrils. Lovely boned forelegs, square front & tight feet. Pear shaped body, tacked on shoulders, good reach of neck and correct topline. Super rib and good rear angulation. Moved well. BB & BOS 2. Mr F. Dalpra, Bullandgrapes Empire. 13mths old R/W. Lovely headed female, brick shaped skull and good depth to foreface. Rosed ears, clear, dark & rounded eyes, open nostrils and true jaw. Straight bone giving a square front to tight feet and tacked on shoulders. Good reach of neck & spring of rib. Correct roached topline leading to a lovely low tail set. Good rear angulation and strong hocks. Moved well.
Class 12/ Novice Bitch – (7/4)
1. Mr G. & Mrs N. Laverick, Tinkabulls Stole The Show. 12mths old R/W. A feminine female with flat skull and good length. Plenty of space between ears, clear, dark & rounded eyes and open nostrils. Straight forelegs, square front & tight feet. Nice body shape, good topline leading to a healthy and low set tail. Moved well. 2. Mr. & Mrs. Paul, Blondello Magical Orora. 15mths old R/W. A lovely female with sour expression. Nice head, skull is flat & wide with correct rosed ears set well apart. Dark eyes, open nostrils and lovely pigmentation. Good width of foreface & true jaw. Well boned & square front, tight feet and tacked on shoulders with a good spring of rib. Gentle rise of topline over the loins and well angulated hind quarters. Moved well.
Class 13/ Post Graduate Bitch – (5/1)
1. L. Read, Andlare Moonshine. 2 yrs old R/W. A lovely feminine and standard sized female who I have judged before. Beautiful expression and strong head with good layback. Plenty of length of skull, rosed ears and lovely clear, dark & rounded eyes. Open nostrils, nice width to true jaw. Straight forelegs, square front, upright pasterns and tight feet. Pear shaped body, gentle rise of topline over the loins leading to a well set tail. Good rear angulation & strong hocks. Moved well. 2. Mr V. De Iaco, Wembholt Make It Happen At Zygarsea. 3 yrs old R/W. Slightly bigger female to no. 1. Good head, flat skull with fine wrinkle. No exaggeration in features. Rosed ears, lovely clear, dark eyes. Open nostrils and good width of true jaw. Good reach of neck, tacked on shoulders & correct topline leading to a low set tail. Tight feet and good rear angulation. Moved well.
Class 14/ Limit Bitch – (3/2)
1. Mr T. & Mrs L. McCash, Taybull Siren. 4 yrs old R/W. A strong female with lots to like. Good width of skull to foreface, rosed ears and clear, dark & round eyes. True jaw, well boned front with tacked on shoulders. Good spring of rib and lovely reach of neck. Strong hind quarters, with correct rear angulation. Moved well.
Class 15/ Open Bitch – (3/1)
1. Mr & Mrs J. Livingstone, Carasmel Heart Of Soul At Jacobella. 1yr 11mths old W/R. Beautiful female with a strong head. Flat skull with plenty of width through to foreface giving a classic brick shape. Thin, rosed ears, clear & dark round eyes, open nostrils and true, wide jaw. Well boned and straight, leading to tight feet. Well let down forechest and super reach of neck. Shoulder placement ok, Good spring of rib and correct topline and low tailset. Good rear angulation and strong hocks. Moved well. Pushed hard for top honours. RBB 2. Mrs S. Watson, Ch Carasmel Henryetta At Sandars. 4yrs old R/W. Different type to no. 1 but another quality female with a short, cobby body shape. Nice head, skull is flat with plenty of space between rosed ears. Clear, dark rounded eyes, open nostrils, full nose roll and good width to foreface. True jaw and good upsweep of underjaw. Strong boned forelegs, square front and tacked on shoulders. Tight feet and lovely spring of rib. Correct topline and strong, angulated hind quarters. Moved Well.